Posted by Trixter on April 16, 2010
Signs that it might be time to look into fluoxetine or suitable derivative:
- You spend hours playing Monopoly Party (xbox) until you can beat it with all AI players set to maximum difficulty
- Food no longer tastes good
- You consume an entire box of ho-hos in one day (see previous note)
- You lack the drive to work on hobbies
- You lack the drive to work on anything
- You hit “refresh” on your empty RSS feed aggregator with the frequency of a lab rat requesting a pellet
- The Sugarcubes keep coming into rotation on your ipod shuffle
And yet I fear I may lose the ability to hyperfocus, which is one of my primary advantages over those around me. One might say it’s my only (un)fair advantage.
Damn good thing I don’t like alcohol. And that a three-day weekend is coming up.