Posted by Trixter on July 21, 2016
2016 holds some interesting anniversaries for me, of events that have defined my hobbies, my persona, or both. Some fun and notable ones:
- 45th anniversary of me being on this planet.
- 35th anniversary of the IBM PC, MTV, and the Space Shuttle.
- 30th anniversary of my adoption of the online handle “Trixter”, which I initially used for illicit activities but now use For The Greater Good(tm).
- 20th anniversary of the Abandonware movement, something I’m not totally thrilled about how it turned out, but is notable regardless. My involvement in the birth of Abandonware eventually led to the birth of MobyGames, so there’s a happy ending. I should probably write about my involvement someday.
- 15th anniversary of the MindCandy series, which was a fun experiment in the days where creating an indie DVD or Blu-ray was uncharted waters. I’m proud of each of them for different reasons.
Much less notable: 10th anniversary of starting this blog.
I got the idea for Trixter looking at some subway graffiti. That graffiti is long gone, but thanks to qkumba and a another demoscene friend (whose name escapes me, sorry!), we have some lifelike simulations: