NVScene 2008 Seminars Online
Posted by Trixter on November 19, 2008
After a few months of editing and collaboration with Temis / nVidia and Bunny / Demoscene.tv, I’m happy to announce that the footage I shot of the NVScene 2008 seminars is finally online. Every one of them taught me new things about the demoscene and making demos, even though I’ve been following the scene on and off for nearly two decades.
Some of the highlights include Chaos and Navis debating whether or not scripting tools or pure code is better — in both Chaos’ talk and Navis’ talk! — and some of the “why didn’t I think of that!” forehead-smacking moments of iq’s talk on making 4ks. There is a very high-quality showing + explanation + hidden parts of Linger in Shadows, the first interactive demo for PS3; and both pixtur and Preacher give interesting insight into how they design demos and where they get their ideas.
I’d like to thank many people for helping me accomplish all of this:
- Jason Scott for getting me out there in the first place
- Polaris and Radman for giving me places to sleep
- iq for donating his Adobe CS3 prize to me (I edited the videos with it!)
- Jeremy Williams for lending me his HD cam after it was clear my DV cam wasn’t going to cut it for the bigscreen presentations
- Navis and the Demoscene.tv crew for both allowing and encouraging me to shoot in the partyplace
- and OF COURSE temis, gargaj, gloom, steeler, and anyone else who had anything to do with creating NVScene in the first place — I will never forget it
My time at NVScene 2008 remains vivid in my brain and I don’t think I’ll forget it as long as I live. I can’t thank everyone enough and I hope to see you all again, maybe even with a production of my own.